Most homeowners find building an extension to their house as a convenient means of maximizing their property space. Little wonder Jane Hirshfield said that “one recurring dream, many others have also: you go into a familiar house, discover a door or hallway, and find the house continues into hidden rooms. Sometimes a whole second house is there, a larger and unknown extension of the familiar dwelling.” This is exactly what a house extension does.
A house extension is the process of creating an addition to a house space. It is seen as a more viable and economic way of increasing living space of a building. With a house extension, you don’t need to bother about spending too much on renting another apartment or building a new house.
Do you feel your living space is not enough to accommodate your family or the occupants of your house? Do you need an extra space without having to spend too much on building a new house? Then, you need a house extension. For your house extension’s dream to be a reality, you need to draft a plan that will contain the type of house extension you need, the cost involved in building a house extension, the materials to be used, logistics, etc. You can get to know how much for a house extension from us.
Types of house extensions
- Rear extensions: it is an extension built at the back of your building. A small rear extension can be constructed in 3-4 months but a big one can run for 6 months.
- Wrap around extensions: it is the combination of both the side return and rear extension. It is a suitable option when you want to extend your living space maximally. You will have a lot of extra space with a wrap around extension. It takes about 4-6 months to be constructed.
- Double storey extensions: it’s an extension that promises you a double living space. It extends over two floors. A double storey extension usually costs 50% more than a single storey extension.
- Dormer extensions: for a dormer extension, the pitch of a room is removed and a flat roof is created in line with the top of the new pitch. The space created here can be used as a bedroom .
- Over-structure extensions: they are extensions built on top of a garage or a previous single storey extension that is attached to a building.
How much does house extension cost?
The cost of a house extension is dependent on the size of the house extension, the material used, the region and then extension design. Typically, smaller and less complex extensions are cheaper than bigger and complex ones.
- You can get a rear extension for £40,000.
- Side extensions cost roughly £25,000-35,000.
- The cost of wrap around extensions is around £55,000.
- The Dormer extension cost starts from £32,000.
You can contact us to know how much for house extension. We offer an up-to-date price list of various house extensions.
When people usually make metal garages, they assemble them without insulation. However, insulation can be very important, even though it isn’t...
One of the main reasons homeowners make renovations is to add value to their property. Even if you don’t plan to put your home on the market...
Life in a new property can be fun and exciting, especially when decorating your room or making the most of areas such as balconies and walk-in...