The Office for National Statistics (ONS) have recently released their House Price Index for November 2015.
- UK house prices increased by 7.7% in the year to November 2015, up from 7.0% in the year to October 2015.
- House price annual inflation was 8.3% in England, 1.3% in Wales, 0.4% in Scotland and 4.6% in Northern Ireland.
- Annual house price increases in England were driven by an annual increase in the East (10.2%), the South East (9.8%) and London (9.8%).
- Excluding London and the South East, UK house prices increased by 5.8% in the 12 months to November 2015.
- On a seasonally adjusted basis, average house prices increased by 0.8% between October and November 2015.
- In November 2015, prices paid by first-time buyers were 7.4% higher on average than in November 2014.
- For owner-occupiers (existing owners), prices increased by 7.8% for the same period.