We have teamed up with Insurance-Desk Services to provide you with specialist insurance coverage for your property investments. They can provide insurance for the following: 

  • Landlord Insurance
  • House Of Multiple Occupation
  • Rent To Rent Insurance
  • Airbnb Cover
  • Property Sourcing PI Cover
  • Empty Property Cover
  • Previously Underpinned Properties
  • Blocks Of Flats
  • Commercial Buildings


Whether you are looking for a quote, advice or cover contact them today – 01296 329610 or email them through jdp@insurance-desk.com. Don't forget to mention JDP to get a great price. 


Insurance-Desk Services is a small friendly brokerage which has been working with clients for over 14 years and consistently provides competitive quotes year on year on landlords, tenants, portfolio and commercial insurance policies as well as many other types on insurance. John Cox founded Insurance-Desk Services to aid many landlords who at the time were finding it increasingly difficult to insure properties that have tenants who were on benefits.

If you are looking for specialist insurance give them a call today, they love a challenge. They have an established client base and are proud to retain renewal business from 94% of their clients.

Free Advice

They offer free advice and have access to the Lloyds’ markets and aim to achieve the most competitive prices with the best cover available.

Same Day Cover

If you require same day cover – don’t panic as they can organise this or if you need to claim they offer a claims management service to make the process as stress free as possible.

In the current economic climate, we are all counting our pennies so to help you save as much money as possible they offer a price match service, monthly payment option, value added services and annual appraisal to ensure you always have the best cover possible for you.

John Cox Insurance Desk small

Whether you are looking for a quote, advice or cover contact them today – 01296 329610 or email them through jdp@insurance-desk.com. Don't forget to mention JDP to get a great price. 


Choosing the right home insurance policy

  Home insurance can be a minefield of terms and jargon that can make the decision of which policy to invest in a real dilemma.  This needn’t be the case if you understand a few simple key tenets of what home insurance actually consists of; if you understand the concept in broad terms you can then decipher the minutiae of contents, gadgets or buildings insurance. Sites like Endsleighs are particularly handy when learning the ropes of home insurance.  They separate the two important categories – contents and buildings insurance – then subdivide accordingly. You may choose both contents and buildings insurance or you may choose specialised/tailored versions of one or the other.  Gone are the days when brokers would offer generic packages where the policy holder was never entirely sure what they were covered for. Contents insurance tends to be the most diverse of the policies and you’ll find that...
Rate this blog entry:
Continue reading
656 Hits

Buy-to-let buildings insurance: the basics

If youre a landlord, its crucial that you buy the right buildings insurance to protect your investment. Take a look at our guide to get the lowdown on this type of cover and how it works. What is buildings insurance? Buildings insurance offers financial protection for the structure of your property, as opposed to its contents. Its designed to pay out in the event of circumstances outside of the landlords or tenants control resulting in damage to the building. What does it cover? The terms of each product vary depending on each insurer, but a typical landlords building insurance policy will cover damage arising from: • Natural disasters such as storms, earthquakes and floods (although exceptions apply in flood-risk areas - see below) • Fire • Landslip or subsidence (again, there are exceptions to this) • Escape of water • Attempted or successful theft • Falling trees/branches What if the property is...
Rate this blog entry:
Continue reading
703 Hits

Home maintenance: could you be risking an unpaid insurance claim this winter?

  AXA has urged homeowners to carry out any essential home maintenance as the weather worsens, to avoid facing an unpaid insurance claim this winter. According to research from the insurer, every year it rejects one in 20 storm damage claims because the wear and tear has not actually been caused by the weather, but by a lack of home maintenance. Yet almost two thirds (59%) of policyholders would expect to successfully claim for any weather-related damage, no matter what the condition of their home. 23% of homeowners also think that a home insurance policy will cover the cost for any sort of structural damage caused by wear and tear. In recent years, the UK has seen winter weather get increasingly severe, from heavy snow to rainfall causing flooding. Indeed, around 25% of homeowners have had some kind of winter weather-related damage caused to their property in the past. Things...
Rate this blog entry:
Continue reading
415 Hits

Five Tips to Pay Less on Home Insurance

Buying home insurance can get to be fairly expensive if youre not careful about the shopping process. There are a few simple tricks that you can put to use in order to get a good deal on your home insurance. The biggest determining factor will be how much insurance you want, of course, but these five key points can get you a great deal if you know where to shop: 1. Improve Your Credit Even if you have a lot of bad loans and other problems to overcome, whatever little you can do to improve your credit will help. Even if you cant pay off every single debt you owe, you can still make a dent in your debt and that will generally have a positive effect on what you pay for your insurance. 2. The Neighbourhood Counts A great way to get home insurance is to move into a...
Rate this blog entry:
Continue reading
1269 Hits

Different kinds of Home Insurance policies

Your home is an important asset and worth protecting by taking out home insurance. There are two main types of home insurance; these are building insurance and home contents insurance. Building insurance is coverage for the structure of your home. Contents insurance is coverage for the items found within your home. When taking out home insurance you can get both types of coverage combined into one policy. Insurance companies also offer specialised home insurance policies which are designed for specific types of property. Building insurance protects the permanent structures that make up your home. This would include walls, roof, floors, windows and more. Not only does building insurance cover the dwelling itself but it also covers the land where the dwelling is located. Other features such as garages, patios, gates and fences may also be included. When taking out building coverage your mortgage company will probably require that you take...
Rate this blog entry:
Continue reading
810 Hits