Legal requirements for landlords
There is a guide to renting out your property on the .gov.uk website. It’s a really useful guide and lists landlord’s responsibilities.
Legal Requirements include:
- Tenant Fees Act 2019
- Permission to let from the lender
- Check your tenant has the right to rent your property – if in England
- Give your tenant a copy of the How to rent checklist when they start renting from you (you can email it to them)
- Protetecting the tenant’s deposit in a government-approved scheme
- Arranging adequate insurance
- Making sure the property has an EPC
- Gas Safety Certificate
- Electrical certificate
- Make sure all gas and electrical equipment is safely installed
- Tenant’s Safety – fit and test smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms
- the water supply must be working properly to protect tenants from Legionella
And much more…..
Download our free guide today to make sure that you understand and adhere to all the legal requirements for landlords
There is also a great article in the blog which discusses another legal property issue – “What are squatters rights in the UK” that’s also a great read.
The Lastest blogs from our Accounts…
When you've decided that it's time to hire an accountant, the next step is to determine which accountant to hire. It's critical to take your time...
In summary, no real changes on Capital Allowances in the budget unless you are developing property within a Ltd Company. The law is the same so...
There is intense speculation that Rishi Sunak, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, is set to announce an extension of the current stamp duty land tax...
Dealing with business property taxes can be tough no matter what the size of your business is. Besides the numerous assets and records that you need...
Please find below a useful table showing how much Stamp Duty you would need to pay when buying a property. During the current stamp duy holiday and...
By all accounts the stamp duty holiday for properties up to £500,000 has been a pretty successful exercise in providing a bit of a stimulus to the...